Sunday, December 19, 2010
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Friday, December 17, 2010
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
A few years back, I went on a tour of a few caves somewhere up north. The guide brought us way far back into the cave, then started to tell us a story of two boys that got lost in that very cave and when their flashlights eventually died they experienced perfect darkness. Perfect darkness is a complete absence of light; they weren’t even able to see their owns hands if they were an inch from their faces. Because of being in perfect darkness for so long, they eventually went blind and were unable to find their way out of the cave. They died there. It was then that the guide turned off his lantern to let us experience perfect darkness, but only for a few short moments.
In perfect darkness, it is impossible to know whether or not you have gone blind because you can’t see anything anyway; unless light is shining, you will never know. So it is for the Lost. People might not even realize how blind they are unless we are the Light to help them see.
“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.”
-Matthew 5:14-16 (ESV)
Be a light.
peace, love, and light.
Monday, December 13, 2010
Saturday, December 11, 2010
Friday, December 10, 2010
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Monday, December 6, 2010
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Saturday, December 4, 2010
Friday, December 3, 2010
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Sunday, November 7, 2010
1. Started your own blog - Obviously.
2. Slept under the stars - Sooooo amazing. I'd do it every night if I could.
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disney World - Many a time.
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child - I will one day.
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty - I walked as high as they'd let me. It was after 9/11 so the actual statue part was closed
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train - Two, and they were not that great.
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice - I walked by them so many times, but they were too dang expensive.
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run - Does kickball count?
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language - I started to...
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - I hate money, so I'd be satisfied without it.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Visited the Alps
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - Really wanna do this.
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie - Do home movies count?
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia - Spring 2011! Lord willing.
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies - I helped my step sister. I was not a girl scout.
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp - I was going to in Poland, but plans changed.
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London - Missed it by one day.
77. Broken a bone
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book - No, but I've had a poem published.
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car - Probably never will. Not worth it for me.
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve - Just on the cheek. Nothing incredibly romantic or anything.
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life - I saved a child from getting seriously injured at my work.
90. Sat on a jury - Been called up for jury duty, but I've always gotten out of it.
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Got a tattoo - Haha, yep. More than one.
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
Monday, November 1, 2010
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Friday, October 22, 2010
"Immediately they left the boat and their father, and they followed Jesus." Matthew 4:22 (NCV).This is something God has laid on my heart recently. I think that when God calls us to do something, we should follow this example. (Read v. 17-22 for the full story.) If God is telling you to go somewhere, go! If he's laying on your heart to talk to someone, do it! If God is commanding us to something, shouldn't we be obedient? I mean, our whole purpose in being here is to bring glory to our God. So what is God calling you to do?
Monday, October 11, 2010
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Friday, September 3, 2010
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
1. I love rain
2. I am afraid of growing old
3. I know what to do with my life, but don't know where to start
4. I want to learn to box
5. I played "Midget Mustang" basketball
6. My mom helped me learn how to play the flute
7. I used to prank call all the time
8. I go on Facebook almost every day I'm near a computer
9. I now have a desire to read my bible
10. My first real job was my worst job
11. I want to learn how to ride a street bike
12. I love olives
13. San Diego is my favorite city in the western half of the US
14. Black Mountain is my favorite town in the eastern half of the US
15. I've always wanted to surf but am too afraid of sharks
16. I like fishing, but not touching the bait or the fish
17. I can't wait to get out of Florida
18. I never knew either of my grandfathers
19. I played soccer in middle school
20. I have bad luck with guys
21. I had braces
22. I used to sleep with a piece of silk. I'd rub it and go right to sleep
23. I also used to sleep with two "blankies"
24. My tent had Barbie on it
25. I also had a Barbie sleeping bag
26. I used to build lego bases in blanket forts
27. My favorite movie is Hot Rod
28. I am addicted to Japanese food
29. I prefer coke to pepsi, but feel guilty after drinking one
30. I can't have my food touch other things on my plate, unless I think it goes togather
31. It has taken me about thirty minutes to get this far
32. I accomplish more in the hours before 10 am, and if I sleep past 10, I feel like the whole day is worthless
33. I love water
34. I prefer Figi water
35. I hate reality TV
36. I went through a huge plaid phase
37. I even bought plaid skirts, shirts, and pj's
38. My first job was bagging groceries
39. I miss having a dog
40. My hair has been at least ten different colors
41. I used to want to act (I still sort of do)
42. I think NyQuill tastes disgusting
43. My first pet was a hamster
44. I used to bite my nails all the time. I don't do that anymore
45. I have never lived alone
46. The oldest friend I have (we went to preschool together) is Caleb
47. I am somewhat okay at ping pong
48. The first movie I saw in a theatre (that I can remember) was Polly
49. I consider myself unique
50. I am a vegetarian
51. I love watching hockey
52. I really love watching soccer during the Fifa World Cup
53. If I was going to be a guy, my mom was going to name me Zach
54. I rarely get eight hours of sleep a night
55. I have several email addresses
56. My favorite cereal is Reese's Peanutbutter Puffs
57. Jim Carrey is one of my all time favorite actors
58. I love sushi
59. I wish I was on a flag football team
60. I hate golf
61. I love staying home and watching movies with all my friends shoved on my couch
62. My best friend died of cancer a year ago
63. I consider myself neither Democrat nor Republican, nor liberal or conservative
64. I would never vote for a person based solely on their political party
65. I wish that fried food was good for you, I would eat it every day
66. I consider myself a connoisseur of cheese sticks. I alternate each dip from marinara sauce to ranch dressing
67. I also love honey BBQ boneless buffalo wings from Applebee's
68. My mom makes some of the greatest food ever
69. I lived in Europe for a year
70. The worst movie I have ever seen was Balls of Fury
71. I hate humidity
72. I know all the words to a lot of my favorite movies
73. My sister and I used to watch the Mickey Mouse Club
74. We also used to eat cucumbers with vinegar (it's a pickle)
75. I often regret major purchases, soon after I buy them
76. I wish I would have never stopped taking piano lessons. I will probably be the sort of parent who makes their kid do that sort of thing
77. I don't mind sweating, as long as I can shower soon after
78. I did marching band for six years when I was in school
79. I am secretly jealous of Hayley Williams' voice and her writing ability
80. I say something at least once a day to get the response, "Are you serious?"
81. I am in fact, serious
82. I enjoy people-watching
83. I enjoy walking around by myself
84. My car is a stick shift. Most days I like it, sometimes I don't
85. I have never liked baseball
86. Most nights, I fall asleep watching something on Netflix
87. I can type 75 words per minute
88. My dream car is a restored '69 Dodge Charger
89. I hate money
90. My first bi racial crush was Jordan (Jeff's cousin)
91. I am against plastic surgery, for the most part
92. I want to excel in all things music
93. I have never owned a new car
94. I am thinking about going back to Sweden
95. I have wanted to be a "rock star" since I was ten
96. I truthfully don't always like who I am
97. I have only been in a minor car accident, and it wasn't my fault. Really
98. My favorite hockey player is Martin St. Louis (Lightning)
99. I don't play guitar as much as I would like to
100. I wish I was more athletic