Wednesday, December 15, 2010

This present darkness

I feel like lately I've been noticing a lot more spiritual warfare in my life than I have in the past. It could be the cause of a number of things, really: My walk with God is solid and I'm positive that that displeases the Enemy; life is going well and Satan might think he needs to shake things up a bit; I have more knowledge on a certain subject than I did before which has caused me to analyze things a lot more.

God is faithful. I know that He will never give me anything I can't handle with His divine strength. Praise God. I trust in my Savior and I am learning new ways to do that every day. Praise God. He is revealing Himself to me more and more each day and I am continuing to learn and grow. Praise God.

I think I'm going to reread This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti. It's a christian fiction novel; I read it my freshman year of high school, and I think it's a really great idea of what spiritual warfare looks like. Might be interesting to read it again.

Yesterday was a good day. I started it off by sleeping in til 10:30am, and moved on to watching television for a bit. Then I got ready and went over to FSCC to practice for a fundraiser and few of us are playing at in January. Practice went really well and the songs are really coming together. After that, I was able to go home and chill out for a bit before going to pick up Chris for a guitar lesson at Panera while we waited for Josh to meet us there. Contrary to what he thinks (because he's too self-critical), Chris is really improving with his guitar skills. The three of us ventured over to Jes's to meet her and Aaron there and watch Ong Bak 2.

I probably should've gone to bed earlier last night, because I'm definitely feeling it now as I wait for my first final of the week to start. I'm nervous, which has caused my acid reflux to act up, which means my chest and throat are burning. It's not the most comfortable feeling in the world. I hope you all are having a wonderful December. I'm going to go read my bible now.

peace, love, and anxiety.
kaeli g. riccardi

No comments: