Monday, December 6, 2010

Hot tea

I'm really thankful that God created us to be relational people because without that, I wouldn't be able to have the amazing friends that I have.

After class today I went over to Jes's house and we watched Charlie St. Cloud. SUCH a good movie; if you haven't seen it yet, go rent it. Now. I'm not kidding. Then we took my fisheye camera and went for a walk around her neighborhood. It was actually really cold today. I was shivering, and I loved it. Gretchen made me an awesome scarf that I've been wearing a lot lately, and it has easily made it into my top two favorites. The other one being the one I got in Sweden.

Jes had to go to work at five, so I went home and ate some dinner and just relaxed a little. Then Chris called and wanted to meet at Panera for a guitar lesson. We sat outside. It was cold. Our hands were numb. (If you've ever played guitar with numb hands, you'll know it is no fun.) There was a little boy probably around eight years old that was watching from inside. He had a wide smile on his face and would knock on the window to get our attention, then applaud for us. It was super cute. He then moved outside to hear us better. Even his parents came out and heard us play a song. After about an hour we went inside to warm up and drink hot tea. Chris and I met a guy that was sitting at the booth behind us who also played guitar. We let him play one of ours and he was very talented. Definitely showed me up.

And that brings me to right now, as I'm laying on my bed typing this. My hands are getting dry from the approaching winter winds, and my cheeks are getting rosy. I've discovered really like blogging every day. It helps me to reflect on everything that happened, and because of that I'm really able to count my blessings. I'm able to see how God is in every little aspect of my life and that just gives me even more reason to praise Him.

peace, love, and warmth.
kaeli riccardi

No comments: