Friday, December 10, 2010

Blanket fort

I would've typed this for you guys last night, but honestly, I was beat.

Yesterday morning I woke up and it just felt like it was going to be a great day, and it was. I went to class and had my last big sign language project before our final and ended up with a 98% on it, praise God. My prof even said I should consider interpreting.

Then I went grocery shopping, which is something I've always loved doing. I've been trying to eat more organic lately (and you should too, just trust me on this one), but of course, that adds up. So until I'm raking in the dough, I'll just have to deal with half of my groceries being organic.

After grocery shopping, I went home and made myself some food and relaxed a bit until bible study. I had the chance to meet a really cool guy from the band Abandon Kansas, Jeremy Spring. I watched his acoustic show at Beth and JJ's the night before last. I think the thing that really attracted me to his music is how real the lyrics are. Yeah, the melodies are cool, but it's the lyrics that get you thinking. He isn't afraid to share with you where he is in life or what questions he's asking. He's just honest. All of this to say, he played a show in Tampa last night, but I couldn't make it, which kind of bummed me out. Next time, I suppose.

Bible study ended and a few of us went outside in the cold, mainly because we had guitars and Panera doesn't let us play them inside. I was just thinking a lot as I was sitting out there, about life and music and pretty much everything. I've realized I sometimes don't give myself time to think. I like to be distracted so that I don't have to think because when I start thinking, who knows where it's going to go. I think I'm going to stop distracting myself with mundane things and let my mind explore different thoughts and ideals. Maybe then I'd actually be able to figure out which direction God is directing me.

I've been at Jes's house since after bible study last night. We built a pretty awesome blanket fort in her room and ended up falling asleep to a movie last night. This morning we made ourselves some breakfast. Eggs, toast, and blueberry muffins. Yumtown, USA. I have no idea what we're doing for the rest of the day. Adventures, most likely.

peace, love, and allergies.
kkkaaaeeellliii

No comments: