Monday, October 11, 2010

People, places, and things

Names you should probably remember (for I will be using them a lot):

- Michelle (loves Star Trek)
- Jordan (the tech guy)
- Gretchen (everyone's mom)
- Jesse & Anthony (aka "the twins")
- Jes (dating Aaron, loves Harry Potter)
- Aaron (dating Jes)
- Chris (smells amazing all the time)

After that night at Chipotle, I was invited to join them every Wednesday night at Parkside Panera for some fellowship and praise & worship; every Thursday night for Bible study at church; every Friday night at Jordan's for Bible study; every Saturday morning for flag football at Walter Fuller Park; and every Saturday night at church for the main shindig. Of course I went to everything I could, work permitting. I just wanted to be around these amazing people and their incredible love for the Lord. There was so much I was learning from them and about them, and I just wanted to be around them all the time. Their love is contagious.

I have loved spending time with all of these people, so much so that we've begun our own little traditions and the like. Every Tuesday night is now movie night at my house with Jes, Aaron, and Chris. Lately, we've been going through the Harry Potter movies. On random nights, a bunch of us will go watch the sunset or star gaze. Michelle and I got into going to see the sunrise over by the Skyway.

I've had the privilege of getting to know all of the people from Movement over the last month and a half. But even more so, I've been growing so much in the Lord.

For the last three months, I've been absolutely consistent in spending time with God every day; in fact, it's something I once dreaded, but now look forward to. He has been opening my eyes to amazing things I was too blind to see before.

You see, God is teaching me to trust Him and only Him; to look past my independence and rely solely on Him (Proverbs 3:5-6). He's teaching me how to be love (there's a reference here, but I can't remember it off the top of my head). He's teaching me how to live weak (2 Corinthians 12:9). He's teaching me to wait on Him (Isaiah 40:31). And I wouldn't have begun to learn any of this if I had stayed where I was.

God has been providing for me in my life in so many different ways, and what I love most is that I can't take any of the credit. No one can; it belongs to God. And I could get into so much more about some of the aforementioned things in this post, but I think it's too soon yet to post them.

One more thing: this is no mountaintop experience that I'm explaining. This is my love for God growing more and more each day and me rejoicing over how evident He has been in my life. Not that He wasn't before, I just wasn't looking.

peace, love, and nouns.
kaeli

No comments: