Friday, October 22, 2010

Leaving it all

Lately I've been reading through Matthew, but I don't just mean reading over it. I've been really trying to study it more and God reveals something to me each time. That's one thing I love about God's Word. You can read it a million times over and still get something new out of every time (if you're willing, that is).

"Immediately they left the boat and their father, and they followed Jesus." Matthew 4:22 (NCV).
This is something God has laid on my heart recently. I think that when God calls us to do something, we should follow this example. (
Read v. 17-22 for the full story.) If God is telling you to go somewhere, go! If he's laying on your heart to talk to someone, do it! If God is commanding us to something, shouldn't we be obedient? I mean, our whole purpose in being here is to bring glory to our God. So what is God calling you to do?


peace, love, and rhetorical questions.
kaeligrace

1 comment:

Sara said...

That's really cool. I've never thought too much about that verse. You are awesome ^^