Sunday, January 9, 2011

Hello McFly

After writing that last blog, I spent a good amount of time reading my bible. I was reading in Matthew 26 and I came to the part where the woman pours her perfume on Jesus' feet and wipes it up with her hair. If you've been a part of the Church for a while, you've most likely heard that story. One of the many things I love about God's Word is that He will continue to make it new to you if you are willing to see it. Here are a few things I noticed this time around...

I guess the first thing I noticed is that the woman must've known that Jesus was, if anything, special. Otherwise I don't think she would've poured a very expensive bottle of perfume on his tootsies. I'm not sure if she knew He is the Messiah or not, but she knew He was Something.

Next I realized how humble she was for doing what she did. Picture your most prized possession (if you don't have one, just pick something and go with it for now). Now ask yourself if you would be able to lay that at Jesus' feet knowing what the woman may or may not have known. To give up something of such high value (for Someone of ultimately higher value) shows humility in my eyes.

Another thing that caught my attention was the disciples' reactions to this act. What blew me away was the fact that they were suggesting she sell the perfume and get money for it! And they knew who Jesus is. I think if I were there when this happened, I would say something along the lines of, "Hello McFly, anybody home?"

Now for the wrap-up. If you've read my last blog, I obviously don't know the details of my future right now. But the most important thing I gleaned from all of this is that no matter what I do, I want to be pouring my life on Jesus' feet each and every day. That is what is most important; God will work everything else out.

peace, love, and great lines from 80's movies.
kaeli

No comments: