Monday, January 3, 2011

Cheesy, clichéd blog title about the start of a new year

As those of you who actually read this thing already know, I have massively failed at blogging every day in December. It stopped when I went to North Carolina for Christmas because I didn't have internet for a while, and then I was hanging out with family I didn't get to see very often so I deemed that more important. Then when I got home and finally did have internet, I ended up with a stomach bug that overstayed its welcome (not that it had one in the first place). So, all excuses aside, I'm starting fresh.

I'm very thankful for everything that happened in 2010 - the good, the bad, and the mediocre -because all of it shaped who I am right now. I've definitely grown so much and I have learned so many new things each day. Today I learned that the Caps Lock key also affects punctuation keys - awesome. Here is something I wrote seven months ago which describes where I was. Where I am now is so amazing.

"I want to be holy, but my faith is weak.
I want to be set apart, but unwilling are my feet.
My inclination is to choke, but my desire is to grow.
What is relevant in all I know?
I may be silent, but at least I'm real,
Attempting to reflect the things I feel.
Oh the taste, the taste of Your mercy is bittersweet,
Receiving grace instead of what is truly my defeat.
I want to cry out Your Name, but I've lost my voice.
In the end, this is my choice.
I know I'm meant for something more, but how do I follow the One I adore?"

For now, I'm going to... well, I have no idea. I'll figure something out. I hope each and every one of you are a better person now because of this past year, and that you will continue to move and grow. I love you guys, keep lookin' up.

peace, love, and nostalgia.
kaeli

No comments: