Thursday, January 13, 2011

Healing begins now

I am so incredibly broken, and I need to be restored. I'm ready to be healed. I've spent a good portion of today in tears, but I can't guarantee that that's over with. I wrote a letter to a friend and spent a lot of time in God's Word. Tonight I'm giving that letter to my friend and I am absolutely terrified because I don't know what the end result will be. Here is a bit of what I read today:

“I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies.” - Psalm 18:1-3 (ESV)

“In my distress I called upon the LORD; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears.” - Psalm 18:6 (ESV)

“For it is you who light my lamp; the LORD my God lightens my darkness. For by you I can run against a troop, and by my God I can leap over a wall. This God - his way is perfect; the word of the LORD proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.” - Psalm 18:28-30 (ESV)


With Jesus, I can do anything, including giving this letter to my friend. My courage and strength come from Him. Deep breath in... deep breath out...

peace, love, and a little bit of anxiety.
kaeli

No comments: