Monday, May 5, 2008

Honest to blog.

So, I kind of made it a joke yesterday in Sunday School, but I'm going to talk about it more seriously now...

My dad and Tracy (my stepmom, sort of) were married for five years. My dad would provoke Tracy a lot because she gets mad easily, and one day, he made her so mad that she slammed her fists down on his chest, exclaiming something like, "What are you thinking?!?!" She accidently hit his mouth and chipped his tooth. My dad, from then on, shut her out of the relationship. This was two years ago. He had been legally separated from Tracy for those two years, after the "abuse." He picked up and moved to Tennessee a few months ago and found a woman name Kari who he started dating. While he was still married.

I've been going to see a counselor to help me "process" what's been going on and to give me advice and such. My dad came into town for one of my counseling sessions because he wanted to explain to me what was happening. My dad has a way of twisting reality so it makes him look like a saint. And I'm not saying that because I'm angry with him, I'm actually not. I'm saying it because it's true. So he told me things that weren't true to try to get me to feel sorry for him. (Side note... he has always guilted me in some way.)

Three weeks ago, the divorce between Tracy and my father was finalized. This past Wednesday, I found out that he was engaged.

I don't say all this so you will feel bad for me. I say this because I wanted you to know why I would make a joke about it in church on Sunday. It's a lot to deal with and I guess I just needed to laugh at it.

peace, love, and third marriages.

3 comments:

dK. or Kaydee. said...

You know what they say..
Third time's a charm.


Hope you laughed.




But lame.

thewhisper said...

You're the second person to say that.

dK. or Kaydee. said...

But the first in your heart..??
Lol.



Love youuu sis.