Friday, September 19, 2008

Hotlanta's not so hot, after all

Hello everyone. Would you like to hear about my day so far? I guess that's why you're reading this thing, isn't it?

I couldn't sleep very well last night, because I was nervous. You know, the whole Sweden thing? Yeah, that's definitely happening right now. Neat. I was only hoping to get an hour and a half of sleep. I'm glad it worked out. So I had to get up at 3:30am, but since I was awake by 2:30am, why not just get up then? So I got out of bed and the first thing my mom does is bombarde me with questions. For those of you that know me fairly well, you'll know I'm not a morning person. After dealing with that, I got everything else packed up that I hadn't already put in my suitcase.

So one of Denis' neighbors drove us to the airport and we checked our bags and went to get a quick breakfast and go through security. At 5:15am. By the time we finished eating, the plane was ready for boarding.

A little over an hour later, we landed in Hotlanta. From here, we had a 12 hour layover and had nothing to do. In the Atrium at Atlanta Airport, there are a ton of comfortable chairs and couches to catch some Z's on. Unfortunately, all the couches were taken, but we found three chairs next to each other. We had another breakfast, and then I fell asleep in the chair. (I didn't mention this before, but when I was still at home, I had breakfast, so I ended up having 3 breakfasts today.) About two hours of me sleeping in a chair, I woke up, and we decided we didn't want to be doing this for the rest of the layover. So we went to a near by hotel and got a room, and now my mom is sleeping on one bed, I'm on the other typing this blog and watching old Full House reruns, and Denis is at the desk working.

All in all, it's been a pretty uneventful trip so far, but this is just the beginning.

I miss you all already.

peace, love, and freezing cold hotel rooms.
kaeli

4 comments:

Kenneth Alexander said...

Miss you too kiddo. Sounds like an adventure though.

Beth said...

Sounds like fun. Get some sleep. Charge your ipod. And stay strong. Miss ya much.

Anonymous said...

a twelve hour lay over? ridic.

Poems of Long Ago said...

LOL!!

all i am saying is i can speak from experiance, if you do not get some sleep on the plane ride to sweden u will feel like crap when u get there. i hope u are sleeping now at least. once, me & my bro thought we were so cool getting to stay up till all hours of the night on the trip to england. it was aweful though, because when we got there we made our parents buy & extra luggage cart cause we were so tired & finding baggage was taking so long we needed to sleep. so our mum pushed us around sleeping on a luggage cart hahaha. that first week we were there we spent the whole week super sick because of our bodies not adjusting & we both got food poisening. that was also the trip theyd lost our luggage & it went to hawaii LOL. so that was fun sleeping in my uncles big shirs puking all over their couch for a week LOL. but the sightseeing & family time after for the next month was awesome. i sitll remember lots of it actually. have a safe flight in the morning. xo!!