Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Life would be so simple if we'd all just learn to pray

Prayer is truly an amazing thing. Praise God we have the freedom to pray whenever we please because schedules and life don't always coincide. I really shouldn't be so amazed that prayer does, in fact, work, because God tells us it clearly does. It's like God looks at us and smiles, and then says, "Well, duh" when that happens. Either way, I'm thankful.

Today I had one of those days where I prayed a lot - way more than usual. I was pouring my heart out because it was heavy with sadness and breaking for people I love. There were things I so badly wanted to fix, but it wasn't in my power to do so. Later in the afternoon, I met up with a brother in Christ and we talked about the situation, and prayed together. We could tell as we were praying that God was already at work and was already answering our cries out to Him before we had even finished. There was a huge moment of relief when we relinquished what control we thought we had in what's going on and handed it over to Him. He is the God of our impossible, because what is impossible for us is most definitely possible for Him.

If there's anything going on in your life, don't be afraid to talk to God. He wants you to. He wants you to be open and honest with Him - He wants to know your fears, your frustrations, your joys, and your happiness - He wants it all. God truly taught me a thing or two about prayer today, and I hope He does the same for you.

"pray without ceasing" - 1 Thessalonians 5:17

peace, love, and panera.
kaeli

No comments: