Sunday, February 21, 2010

Temporary disconnection

Lately, I've just been in a sort of funk. A funky kind of funk. And I definitely don't like it. I really want to just find an isolated beach and camp out there by myself for a few days with just my guitar, journal, and bible. I just want to spend some serious alone-time with God. Have you ever wanted that? To just get away from every distraction and "the norm" of every day life to chill with God? That's what I desperately want to do. There are some things that I need to mull over with Him and I can't do it with all this "stuff" around me.

This is one thing I definitely miss about Sweden*. Holsby was surrounded by forests and hills and it was so easy to just go somewhere and spend some time alone with God, or even rent out camping equipment and be alone for a few days and then go back to the dorms completely refreshed and renewed. That's what I want to do. But I feel like I can't. It's illegal to sleep on the beach for days at a time. I don't have camping stuff. I'd have to call off work or skip classes to make the time.

I need to disconnect - from technology, from friends, from family, from anything else that might distract me - temporarily so I can let God refresh me.

I don't know if I'm just venting, or if I'm asking for suggestions on what to do, but feel free to voice your opinion.

peace, love, and rockets.
kaeli

*I know I talk about Sweden a lot, but I'm not going to apologize for it, in case you're tired of hearing about it. It was a monumental time in my life and it still affects me today. I am still growing through it and because of it. I hope that one day you can experience something like what I did.

2 comments:

Poems of Long Ago said...

I'm never tired of hearing it. Do what you think is right in order to get that peace you need to hear.

Beth said...

Umm if we get that house--you could pitch a tent in the back yard.