Monday, March 1, 2010

Weekend winner

Instead of giving you all some insight into what I've recently learned, I'm just going to fill you in on what I did this past weekend.

Friday:
I wasn't feeling well earlier that week so I ended up skipping class today. At 5pm, I went to work for a few hours, then started my 50 minute drive to the long-awaited trip to Beth and JJ's for the weekend. It was around 11 or 11:30 when I got there, so we just hung out and watched some TV. We all caught up a little, then went to bed.

Saturday:
JJ, Beth, and Kaydee went to a meeting at RPC, so I was able to sleep in and just relax. Eventually I got ready and watched a few episodes of Psych with my lil sis (Karam), while Hamee played COD. Jahid slept until at least 1pm. Then Beth and JJ got home and the three of us, plus Hamee, played a game of Dutch Blitz. In the end, I ended up being the champion, but that was to be expected considering they hadn't played it in years. Later we somehow got into watching the cross country skiing, which, as we now know, isn't exciting until the end. After that we went and bought some strawberries and stuff to make homemade jelly and strawberry shortcake. The Gawlowicz's have been looking for houses recently, and they finally made an offer on one (after giving up on their first choice) so we went and checked it out. It was a pretty nice house with a MASSIVE backyard. You have no idea. Then we went home and devoured some vegetarian lasagna (thank you!), made the jelly, and then ate some shortcake. Delicious. At some point in there we played another game of DB, but JJ was in the lead this time. We were just getting ready to leave, when I begged for two more hands of it, to which JJ complied. The first-to-last hand, I ended up being three cards behind JJ. But then, minus all the suspense, after the last hand I pulled through and ended up winning the second game.

Sunday:
Went to church at RPC this morning and saw JP and Mel there, along with Dubz (Jordan Wilkins) who is filling in for RPC's worship leader for a few weeks. Afterwards, we all went out to lunch at CiCi's, along with some of the students from Merge. Later all of us headed over to Beth and JJ's and hung out and played Dutch Blitz. Long story short, I was behind JJ again, but caught up and ended up winning for the third game in a row. Then I drove back home and invited some girls over to help out Ashley who sells Mary Kay and we did facials. Later I went over to Kenny's and watched while he cleaned his room (hey, I offered to help) and then we went to Taco Bell to get some food. Then he helped me finish some homework, and we just hung out until Nick came home. I watched them argue over something, which, in the end, was pretty hilarious. Then I went home and went to bed.

All in all, I'd say it was a great weekend. I got to hang out with family and some other cool people, and just kick it for a bit. Later dudes.

peace, love, and rockets.
kaeli

Ps. I remain undefeated in Dutch Blitz as of now. No shame.

4 comments:

Benjamin said...

Fun times. You will lose one day.

Poems of Long Ago said...

glad you had a good time.

Kenneth Alexander said...

Good stuff. Great peoples right there.

uthpastorjj said...

Only, she made up that whole thing about winning at Dutch Blitz, just saying.