Thursday, March 25, 2010

So Stressed Out That It's Soothing

Remember how I was talking about the drama I was working on?

Well, after much searching, I could not find a song that fit the idea I was going for so I decided to write a song for it. Knowing I couldn't do it alone, I asked Kenny if he would help. So I started to write the lyrics, then set it down for a while. Two days ago, I started to get super stressed about this whole Amp'd thing because it was a little over two weeks away, and the song still wasn't done, let alone choreographed. So I did what I should've done from the beginning...

I prayed.

Not ten minutes later, ideas for choreography were flooding my brain so I quickly jotted them down on paper. Then I read it over, and made some changes. Then I flipped over to where I had started writing the lyrics, and words just started pouring out of my hand that was controlling the pen. Soon enough, the lyrics were finished.

Later, I gave it all to Kenny and he worked on the music portion of it. I went over to his house yesterday to hear it, and honestly, this whole thing has been a work of God.

God just brought the whole thing together so nicely, and yes there are still a few small kinks to work out, but God was really teaching me not to get so worked up over everything.

I guess I'll leave you with a little bit of shameless advertising:
Friday April 9th at 6pm, the doors open for our night of worship at Feather Sound called Amp'd. There will be music, and of course, the drama. I think it will be an awesome night and would absolutely love it if you were there. Start spreading the news (or if your pet isn't housebroken, start spreading the newspaper).

peace, love, and rockets.
kaeli

1 comment:

Kenneth Alexander said...

I am grateful that you asked me to be a part of this, it will be an awesome event, no doubt.

(Lol newspaper)