Thursday, March 4, 2010

Amped for Amp'd

On April 9, 2010 there will be a night of worship type thing at Feather Sound. The A-Team is taking a bunch of responsibility to make this night awesome, and let me tell you, I am stoked. Nevaeh's Call is going to be the worship band for the evening, and I'm heading up a drama that I am currently sitting here, trying to write. I don't want to give too much away, in case some of the students read this, but anyone and everyone is invited to this, so I hope you can make it.

I am in charge of some of the decorating/painting, the drama, and possibly forming a band to open for Nevaeh's Call. And I have a month and five days to do this. Hahahaha.

The type of drama I chose to do is a drama without words - basically, choreography to a song. The hardest part so far has been trying to find a song with the right music and the right message. I've tossed the idea around of doing The Everything Skit and asking the original people to be involved, but with Kaydee in and out of the doctors lately, Brent not around this area as much, and some other reasons, I don't think it will be a good idea this time. Plus I think it'd be cool do something new.

I've been trying to find a song similar to "Everything" by Lifehouse because I love the soft, yet intense beginning that just continuously builds throughout the song, and then resolves powerfully at the end. I have had no luck thus far. Some songs are just too upbeat, don't have the right message, or I just don't like. Therefore, I have decided to at least start to write the song for the drama. I probably won't actually sing on it (and if I do, it would just be background stuff), but this way, I have complete control over the message, the sound, blah blah blah.

So if you get the chance, or have some free time on that Friday in April, we'd love to see you there. It's gonna be pretty sweet.

peace, love, and creative license.
kaeli kaeli bo-bailey banananana mo-mailey fee fi fo-failey... KAELI

No comments: