Sunday, February 7, 2010

An Ordinary Title

Lately I have been trying to wrap my mind around "hope." What is hope?

The Dictionary widget on the dashboard of my Macbook describes it as:
-"a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen"
-"a person or thing that may help save someone
-"grounds for believing that something good may happen
-"a feeling of trust"

I was going to go all philosophical on you, but it is currently 1:42 am, and I'm too tired for that. I'll just skip to what I think hope is.

If you were to combine the last two aforementioned definitions of the word "hope," I think you would have my answer. Hope isn't just having a belief that something good will happen, but it is trusting that something good will happen. And to me, that is almost like expecting it to happen, but in a good way.

To be honest, I have no idea if this post makes any sense at all. But to be even more honest, I didn't write this for you guys. I wrote it for me, to help me think through some things. But I hope you all enjoyed it anyway. Feel free to comment with what hope means to you.

peace, love, and rockets.
kae

1 comment:

Poems of Long Ago said...

Thank you for this. I needed to read it. I have about .5% hope in my body.. & it was a bit of a boost.