Friday, November 21, 2008

We're not the champions...

The K-Team had been victorious so far - completely OWNING in soccer. Our team was a beast. In the tournament, we made it down to the final two. Our championship game was on Thursday and we were determined to play well and to blow the other team out of the water. Turns out that wasn't the case. One of our key players (also a staff member) took a trip to Spain with his family for a few weeks and we got used to playing without him. When he finally came back and we played the championship game, we didn't play as a team very well. As an individual, it was the best I've ever played - I was aggressive, I wasn't afraid of the ball, and I took the chance when I got it. But as a team, we fell apart. The others were so focused on winning the game (mainly because they're guys, no offense), but I was just concentrating on having fun, and I tried to be encouraging as well. In the end, we lost the championship game, but we were still in second place which is not bad for someone who hasn't played a lot of soccer in her life (*points to self).

Other than that, we've just been doing a lot to get ready for the Christmas concert coming up. Apparently, it's a big deal here. All the local Swedes look forward to it which is neat. I'm heading up The Everything Skit here and it's going well. It's still not the same without the rest of the Skit Crew. I miss you all soooooooooooooooooooo much. I'll be home the day after Christmas.

I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed now. I have a TON of Bible reading that I've put off (big surprise) and I have to finish a project and read a book and write four journals. Most of that is due next week. Hah. Joy. Well, I'm just going to do the best I can and focus more on what I'm getting out of it than meeting deadlines.

peace, love, and rosa skor (pink shoes).
kaeli

1 comment:

dK. or Kaydee. said...

update! i love reading these. Make sure you are writing things down so you don't forget. love ya sis =]