Saturday, November 15, 2008

Back to the Future?

We had a talent show last night here at Holsby. Two local youth groups came to participate and also enjoy. Travis, Taylor, Trevor, Steph, Bekah, and I wrote a skit and performed it and it was pretty awesomely hilarious. The other things there were funny as well, and the ones that were more serious (like people singing), were really good. When we first started talking about the idea of having the talent show, I had tossed the idea around to sing and play my guitar but decided not to do it. During the last act, I finally decided that I would do it. I went up to the hosts (Frida and Wes) and asked them if it'd be okay if I sang a song. They said sure. Next thing I knew I was on stage with my guitar and introducing the song (I went with "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz). There were people singing along and stuff and it was really neat. Surprisingly, though, I was super nervous, which is weird for me. I usually don't get scared of playing my guitar or singing in front of people - especially people I don't know. It was a neat experience for me though. I figured that if that's what I want to do with my life, I need to get started somewhere. I got some really positive feedback, so who knows? Maybe when I get home I'll start playing in local coffee shops or something with my originals. That would be neat-o.

peace, love, and future rock star.
kaeli

3 comments:

Kenneth Alexander said...

that is something I always wanted to do as well. the whole original songs in coffee shops and things. Maybe I could back you up? we will see

thewhisper said...

Back me up? As in play with me?

Kenneth Alexander said...

yes and melodies and things.