Monday, April 28, 2008

Writer's Blog

I have been desperate to write a song lately. I don't know why, but I have had writer's block for a good two months now. My New Year's goal was to write two songs a month, but that's not happening. I don't know what's wrong with me! Perhaps my song-writing skills have taken a vacation. Or maybe they're on the back of a milk carton. Either way, I have no idea where they went. They could've left a note or something. Or a phone number I could reach them at so I could get a clue as to what to write a song about.

I have some ideas, but don't know how to start. Ideas:
-Something about how the bad memories are easier to remember than the good memories
-Something about graduating (without being cheesy) but not actually about graduating
-Something about not being able to write a song (kind of ironic if I actually write it)

So those are some things I'd like to write songs about. If you want (and I'd really appreciate it), send me a couplet or a quatraine to help get me started. Or even a list of rhyming words (hold the cheese, please). Thanks in advance.

peace, love, and writer's block

2 comments:

uthpastorjj said...

ha, i was thinking of a song the other day. I have no idea really, as to why, as that's not really my thing. But there was an irony in a line i though, and i remember thinking, "that would make a great song"...I wish I'd have written it down cause it's now out of my memory. sorry! but press on, it'll come.

kae ricc said...

Thanks for the anticlimactic comment, J. hah.