Friday, March 4, 2011

Buried treasure

I don't understand the value people place on material things. I'm not saying I don't do it too, I just don't understand it. Our true value is found in the King and His Kingdom.

"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth not rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
- Matthew 6:19-21

I have found myself lately pulling more and more away from material things. Sure, I like my macbook, my nice clothes, my guitars - but they are starting to lose their original value. Their purposes for me have changed. I have been blessed with these things, so shouldn't I be giving them back to the One who blessed me?

I believe it's okay to have nice things, but I also believe we shouldn't be so wrapped around them that we forget Who gave them to us in the first place. And we should be using what we're given to glorify God.

It just kind of upsets me how many people are focused on this life and not the next. Further the kingdom by using what He's given you. If He asks you to give it all away, could you do that?

peace, love, and a different kind of wealth.
kaeli

No comments: