Thursday, May 14, 2009

First show... Ever.

Hey everyone.

I have some exciting new for all you back home who have been following my life via blog. As most of you either knew or figured out at some point, being in a band and playing shows has been my dream since I was eleven. My dream has developed into something great and I really want to get started on that as soon as I can. I don't have a band yet, but I do have my first show! I will be playing at the Pegasus Lounge on June 7th! Tickets are $8 if you get them from me, or $10 at the door, just tell them you're there to see me. God has really opened some doors for me to be able to get this show and I can't take any of the credit. If it weren't for Him, I wouldn't be able to do this.

Info on the Pegasus Lounge:
The Pegasus Lounge is a small club located in Tampa. The night I will be playing there is an all ages night so it will be toned down compared to what it would normally be on a regular night. Unfortunately, they will be serving alcohol that night, but it will only be served in a certain section. On any other day, I would not suggest going there, but since I'm playing there, I'd love it if you came out to support me. I need to sell at least 25 tickets or I there is a chance my booking company will not book many more shows with me. So come see me!

The vision for my (future) band:
In my opinion, there are enough Christian artists out there writing songs for Christians and whatnot, but what is lacking is Christians writing songs for nonbelievers. That's where I come in. I want to be in a secular-labeled band, made up of Christians, writing songs so that people can see something different in them, and in us. I want our music to stand out in such a way that they will ask us what our songs mean. I want us to live our lives in such a way that people will know there's something different about us. I know it's going to be a challenge, but I'm ready for it. If you know anyone who shares this same vision or wants to be a part of this and plays guitar, bass, or drums, please contact me. I really want to get this thing rolling.

See you June 7th.
peace, love, and nervousness/excitement
kaeli

No comments: